What is this all about, you might ask? Am I reviewing patterns I have already used or am I being paid by pattern companies to tout their products? No and no. These are actually patterns that I have purchased and kept in my own "archive" and decided to write a little something on and post to my blog.
Butterick Retro '56 - B5605
This little number brings back the glamor of Grace Kelly and day dresses, when women went out with gloves, handbag, and hat in tow, and when anything higher than knee length was horribly scandalous.
What I like most is that you have options with the pattern. You can have elbow length or short sleeves and the back detail adds some sizzle. You can adorn the back strap with a bow or leave it plain, but the nice aspect of the fancy detailing being on the back means you can wear a nice retro brooch or corsage, string of pearls or other necklace without issue.
Difficulty: Experienced Seamstress
It is fun and flirty and is a good way to get into sewing retro style patterns.
What I like most is that you have options with the pattern. You can have elbow length or short sleeves and the back detail adds some sizzle. You can adorn the back strap with a bow or leave it plain, but the nice aspect of the fancy detailing being on the back means you can wear a nice retro brooch or corsage, string of pearls or other necklace without issue.
Difficulty: Experienced Seamstress
It is fun and flirty and is a good way to get into sewing retro style patterns.

No comments
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think!