If life were a fairytale: Whilst wandering through my garden, I came across the shell of an egg tucked between blooming violas. It was no ordinary egg, it was a gorgeous shade of blue and had small bits of pretty paper adhered to it. The egg had a seam around the middle and through the crack I could hear tiny sleeping noises. Gently, I took the egg in my hand and peeked inside. Startled by the giant human eye looking upon it, a tiny creature flew out and darted this way and that, clearly dismayed that I had its home held captive. I carefully laid the shell back upon the ground and the tiny thing flew to a stop not five inches from my fingers. It was miniature rabbit whose coat held a sparkle and had beautifully spread wings and was no bigger than a hummingbird! It was then that I saw more eggs laying hidden here and there and tiny, furry heads peaking out at me. Thus began my relationship with the magical fairy bunnies!
What a craft life says: I grew up reading the Cabbage Patch Kids books and there were little winged rabbits in those stories. I guess that image was very powerful and stuck firmly in my subconscious, because when I found a group of tiny, glittered ceramic rabbits at a craft shop I knew I had to buy them. They had little loops of clear line on their backs so they could be hung up on an Easter tree, but I knew what I wanted to do, which was transform them into a new life (and cut that loop off). Some papercrafting items, iridescent pastel Easter eggs, Mod Podge, glitter, and my imagination combined with the rabbits to create the following. They really do look like they belong in a garden, dancing around fairies! And the best part is that they are great decorations for all the seasons. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think!